Solly Baby Wrap

It's hard to say that the Solly Baby wrap is my favourite (over other wraps) considering it's the only one I have, but it definitely is a lifesaver when you have an older child with you. Babywearing in the early months for me has got to be with a wrap, and I wear it a whole lot.

Not only does it help with newborn bonding but I can see that it helps keep my baby cosy and snuggly. On top of that, it helps me participate in activities with my older baby and holding his hands when walking around without the need for putting my newborn down.

But I have to say, being the germaphobe I am, the wrap has saved my baby from being touched by strangers in the park or in the street. I have noticed that they are more likely to touch my baby when I place him in the stroller or on the baby carrier (away from my body) - and less likely to touch him when he is in the wrap attached to me. They would just peek from afar, and not invade my personal space to touch him which is pretty cool. My baby is safe from their dirty hands! 

The Solly Baby wrap is very comfortable to wear, even for long hours - it's flexible, soft, and lightweight, so it's not hot for me when I wear it, very breathable.

Some tips when using the wrap (or any wrap for that matter):
1. Practice using a video tutorial on youtube.
2. Bookmark the tutorial for a quick reference.
3. Don't give up; most babies would try to fight the wrap in the beginning, but he or she will eventually love it.
4. Wrap your baby before leaving the house, so you don't get pressured wrapping your baby quickly before having to get to where you are going.
5. Make sure the ends of the wrap don't touch the floor so it doesn't get dirty, and you can re-use it without having to wash it after every wear.

Comments

Popular Posts