Let daddy have his time too!

Here are some ways you can get your partner involved in some baby time. Not only is the bonding time good for you as a family, it will also give you a well-deserved break!

My heart never fails to melt when I see my husband spending time with the baby, he’s a great guy but maybe I’m just biased. As a clingy mom with a husband who is at work half the time, I feel a sense of responsibility to get my husband to spend some much-needed bonding time with our baby. These are precious times and moment created that I for one will always remember. Here are some ways I would like to share with you on how you can achieve a father-baby relationship with your child too:

Get dad to join in on feeding times

This just means that my husband will be there to burp my baby after feeding. You know what they say, teamwork makes dream work! This frees up my time after hours and hours of breastfeeding at times, and it encourages my husband to have some quality time with the baby too.

Give dad his cuddle time

I know I am one to hog our baby every chance I get. But I have learnt to allow my husband to get some time in for cuddles with the baby too! Sometimes I will just watch and take pictures for memories because they are just so cute together. Other times I will take the advantage to get housework done, like laundry and preparing dinner amongst other things.

Make bath time a family thing

In the beginning, when our baby was still very small, my husband would get very nervous to hold the baby during baths. But now that our son is almost 1, we have made it a family event to take baths together, and also because it’s much easier. It’s been lovely to see my husband building his confidence in taking care of our baby.

Get dad to read bedtime stories

List out things that you want dad to do and that could include reading out bedtime stories to your baby. It’s a great way for the baby to be familiar with daddy’s voice. My husband has come to enjoy reading books to the baby and singing the baby to bed. I guess it’s a way for him to wind down from a long day at work.

Let dad and baby develop their own thing

This could be anything at all, from playing toys in the evening, or creating a morning routine together. For my husband, I have realised that he would give our baby kisses and sing a quick song before he leaves for work in the morning. I find these little interactions and routines so beautiful and valuable.

Comments

Popular Posts