PearlBar bamboo & charcoal toothbrush

If you know me you will know that I'm a fan of anything natural and organic. Today I get to experience brushing my teeth with a biodegradable toothbrush for the first time and I'm feeling all kinds of planet lovin!

This charcoal-infused bamboo toothbrush was delivered all the way from Australia, made by a company called PearlBar - a company that is passionate about "filling the world with eco-friendly oral care products and inspiring global change".

These toothbrushes come in both adult and children sizes, and you have the option to choose whether you want soft or medium bristles. I got mine in medium, and I found that they are even softer than the commercial 'medium' bristled toothbrushes you get at the pharmacy. So really, they are just very gentle on the gums. And I have a strong feeling they are about to be my absolute favourite toothbrush from now on - good thing they offer free shipping!

But going back to the toothbrush being 'biodegradable', it is suggested that you change the toothbrush after 8 weeks of using it (then again, this is just how often you should be replacing any of your toothbrushes, biodegradable or not) and the entire toothbrush is compostable and recyclable, so you can take your pick of actions there! I was told that I am able to toss it in my backyard and wait for it to decompose in a matter of 4-6 months. This is really interesting and in a way, saving the environment from plastic materials.


If that is not good enough, let me tell you that this Australian company also donates their toothbrushes to orphanages, homeless shelters, charitable events and more! This means that you'll get to brush, save the planet, and donate all at the same time!

Comments

Popular Posts