Coconut Charcol Natural Teeth Whitener

The use of charcoal has been such hype but I've never gotten myself to actually purchasing one. The thought of brushing my teeth with dark charcoal (and from pictures I've seen, the mess it makes) was a bit terrifying to me.

When the company sent a Charcol jar to me, I thought, this is it, this is my chance to finally try it out! It became all so exciting that somehow it made me feel like a child again, about to make a huge mess in the bathroom, and grinning to my self in the mirror with black paste all over my teeth!

Before I begin, I should probably introduce you to the brand, a local company based in Kuala Lumpur that is known as Coconut Charcol. They produce Charcol jars (of activated charcoal as natural teeth whitener) and they also make face masks called Sao Miguel which is Australian bentonite clay, green tea, and a bit of their famous activated charcoal.

Funny enough, when I was talking to my mom and grandma about it, apparently this teeth whitening method has been in used for generations and generations. My grandma would make her own charcoal in her backyard, add it with some salt and rub it on her teeth for the same teeth whitening purpose. So I did a little googling and it's true! There was nothing new about using charcoal for whitening teeth, if anything, the companies today have only made it easier for the modern generation to use them - by making the charcoal into soft velvety form (free from abrasive bits), and putting them in little jars so that you can bring them with you wherever you go!

A little side note when you use it, it does get messy! So try keeping your lips pursed as you brush or you would splatter all over your bathroom mirror and wall.

What you will need to get started is to-
1. Take a before picture
2. Dip a damp toothbrush into the jar to get some charcoal on
3. Brush your teeth and leave it on for a minute before rinsing
4. Rinse thoroughly
5. The charcoal does not have any taste to it, if you would like a bit of freshness I suggest brushing the charcoal off with a bit of toothpaste
6. Take an after picture and compare! Your mouth will feel really clean after use (but your sink..not so much)

 A little bit on how activated charcoal works:
Activated charcoal by Coconut Charcol was made to absorb toxins and it is effective in absorbing plaque and other compounds that stain teeth. In effect making your teeth whiter (or at least, bring your teeth back to its natural colour)

I have really enjoyed using Charcol, and when I asked the company, they claim to be safe for children too (with parent's discretion) as they are 100% natural and toxic free; an alternative to your everyday commercial toothpaste and other teeth whitening products. But keep in mind, like all things natural, they require some consistency in its use. For some, it might take just one or two uses to see a difference, for others, it might take longer.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts